Andrew Family Art Gallery
About the Andrew Family Art Gallery
Thanks to our dedicated Art Committee, the gallery regularly features the work of local and area artists. From professionals to hobbyists to elementary school children, we’re fortunate to enjoy these inspiring displays all year long. Stop in and browse at your convenience. We think you’ll be impressed!
It is the mission of the Creekside Place Art Committee to raise awareness of art and make art accessible to everyone in the community; to support art in the public schools and the community; to support area artists; and to add value to Creekside Place. To accomplish this, the Art Committee will:
- Display a consistent showing of high-quality, professionally presented contemporary artwork for public viewing
- Provide a venue for area artists to present and sell their work
- Promote area artists and present a variety of media
- Provide social and educational opportunities to meet and learn from artists
- Support Creekside Place through commissions from artwork sold
Interested in featuring your work in our gallery? Our Art Committee would love to meet with you. Contact us for more information.
Previously Featured Artists
Watercolor batiks on rice paper. Batik is a technique of layering wax and watercolors to produce varying shades of color. Lynn uses Ginwashi rice paper, a semi-transparent paper with small fibers running through it. “This paper gives the batiks a wonderful texture and a unique natural look,” Lynn said. “The edges are deckled, which gives the batik a feathery finish.” Visit Lynn’s website: naturesartstudio.weebly.com/.
Steve’s watercolors capture the fluidity and unpredictability of nature. His style invokes daydreams of horses galloping across the plains to birds massing in the sky.
More of Steve’s work can be seen at www.wagnercolor.com.